Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Planting Seeds-

The weather has been so perfect! Spring is here! Yesterday we started some veggies and flowers in seed trays. We're planting a little less this year since we are expecting a baby early June. Who knows how much time we'll really have then. I tend to plant more then I can manage anyway, so I'm trying not to get carried away!

I stared some flowers from seed a week ago, so far several Hollyhock have sprouted , but I'm still waiting on the sunflowers, foxglove, and snaps.

Yesterday I started cherry tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, zucchini (it's a little early, I know), eggplant, early corn, gourds, edible poppy seeds, snap peas, some Sunzilla sunflowers. and climbing nasturtium. In a few weeks we'll start a second batch.

For Geoff's Birthday we planted some bareroot grapes and red raspberries. We've been planting different bareroots every year on his birthday:)

No comments: