Sunday, February 7, 2010

enough to make a mama proud....

This little boy....


Yes, this one. The one that can be so extremely difficult at times. The one who likes to do things his way. The boy who just got a haircut that makes him look so.much.older, yes him!

Today I was *trying* to get Everest to nap and I left Kylan in the living room with some art supplies. Well, I heard some noises and was laying there nursing Everest, wondering what he was doing and if I should get up and check. When I finally did get up, to my surprise he had...

Cleaned up all his art stuff, scrubbed the table, put his toys away, moved the chairs and little rug so we could vacuum....and....and! he mopped the kitchen floor with a wet rag (like we usually do, the floor was quite wet) ALL BY HIMSELF!!

I almost cried! I am doing something right! (or maybe I'm giving myself too much credit) I have really changed my thoughts about housework since becoming a mom and try to do chores in a matter-of-fact way, without complaining or whining. I mean, I'm sure he still feels my internal eye roll at times, I also try to never force him to clean up. Its not a punishment, it's just what we do, part of life, part of honoring our things and taking care of our home. It has helped me a lot, and now it is paying off!!!
Sweet boy!


No comments: