Monday, August 31, 2009

pizza

mushroom and basil


eggplant and zucchini
Mmmmm, pizza! We usually have pizza once a week and I wanted to share my pizza dough recipes. I do use my bread oven to prep the dough, it's not necessary, but makes it a little easier. I do generally use organic white flour, but often substitute 1/2c polenta (or corn) flour and 1/2c wheat flour. If you have a good wheat flour recipe please let me know!!

Simple thin crust pizza-

I like this recipe because you can make it last minute and don't have to wait for the dough to rise or anything. Its very simple-
3c. flour
1pk yeast (or 2 tsp instant yeast)
1 tbs olive oil
1tsp salt
1 tbs honey (or agave, sugar)
1c water

I put ingredients in bread machine on dough setting for 10 min just to mix, then take out and roll out dough, no waiting. You could also just mix by hand. I don't know if the yeast is necessary, but it was in the original recipe so I use it.
-or-

Dough recipe #2
1c flat beer
2tbs butter
2tbs honey (or sugar)
1tsp salt
2 1/2c flour
2 1/4tsp yeast

I add in bread machine and use dough setting:) If you make by hand follow instructions on yeast package as far as temperature and rising time.

I usually precook the rolled out dough for 5-10 minutes or so in an 400* oven, then add marinara, pesto, cheese and toppings. Cook for about 15m, check after about 10m.

It's really quite simple once you've made it a few times and is kind of a treat that most people like. I usually make it on my husbands Friday:)

No comments: