Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Seven Grain Bread



Today I baked some delicious multi-grain bread. I usually bake twice a week, but I do cheat and use a bread machine to prep the dough and bake it in my regular oven.

I love this recipe because it uses whole wheat flour and 7-grain hot cereal mix and it comes our very moist and tasty. In the past when I have tried to make 100% whole wheat bread it ends up being to dry and dense... not this bread! Give it a try, it's my new favorite! It is originally from the book 'Uprisings, the whole grain baker book' which I highly recommend! But I modified it a bit-



*Seven Grain Bread*


2 & 1/4 c water

2Tbs molasses

3Tbs safflower oil

1/4 tsp salt

1 Tbs yeast

5 c whole wheat flour

1 &1/2c 7-grain cereal (I used Bob's Red Mill 7 grain)


add to bread machine in order suggested by manufacture, use dough setting, then bake on 375 for about 35min. I usually make 2 med. loaves.

*or*

Mix together molasses, 1 & 1/4c water, yeast, and 2c flour and let it rise until doubled.

Add the rest of the ingredience and knead until smooth, then let it rise until double again. Punch down and shape int 2 loaves. Let it rise and bake on 375 for 35min.
*enjoy*

No comments: